Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We Can Be Heroes

So, we're three weeks into the new season of "Heroes". Let's take a look at the good, the bad and the ugly and see how it's holding up.

A brief sidenote...I loved the first season & the second half of Season 2. Also, I assume that if you're reading this you've seen all the current episodes, so no spoiler warnings.

THE GOOD
*The new Nathan Petrelli. I like the idea that he's on a mission from God. It's a new direction for a one-note character.

*The return of Malcolm McDowell as the mysterious Linderman. Is he a ghost? Is he a figment of Nathan's imagination? Is he a Cylon? Whoops...wrong show. Whatever he is, McDowell is having a ball and Linderman is lots of fun to watch.

*Speaking of fun, without Hiro and Ando this show would be a major bummer. Hiro is the only one who likes having powers and Ando is glad to be along for the ride.

*I really like Daphne, the speedster. I hope she sticks around for awhile.

THE BAD
*Tracy (Ali Larter) has powers she doesn't want or understand, has killed someone with them and is hooking up with Nathan. Tracy, meet Nikki...the only real difference is she doesn't have a kid.

*Mohinder Suresh...winner of the Nobel Prize for stupidity in the fields of genetics, biology and hooking up with Maya.

*I find myself at times remembering how much I enjoyed the plots the first time around...when they were called "Days of Future Past" and "Kingdom Come".

*Why won't the writers just call them "powers"? That's what they are.

THE UGLY
*Hayden Panitierre act badly as a rebellious teen. She can't even come close to pulling off "Dark ClaireBear".

Despite my problems with it, I love many parts of "Heroes". Sylar, Noah and the return of Adam are always worth watching and the show is still fun despite some flaws.

So I'll be sticking with it for the long haul and hoping for the best.

No comments: