Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Living In Deep 13

Mystery Science Theater 3000...oh how I love thee...let me count the ways.

1) You legitimized a hobby that my friends & I practiced for years...talking back to stupid movies

2) You gave the world Crow T. Robot, Tom Servo, TV's Frank, Clayton and Pearl Forrester, Dr. Bobo and Brain Guy while also introducing me to Mr. B Natural and Nuveena, Girl of the Future.

3) You made it cool to be smart...Tina Fey owes you a debt of thanks.

4) Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Joel Hodgson & the whole gang proved that you could have fun with your friends and make a career out of it.

5) "Twelve to the Moon" with Captain Stump Hugelarge...my favorite experiment ever.

6) You encouraged fans to keep the show alive by sharing their tapes of the show.

7) It was so funny and weird and intelligent that you felt like a member of an exclusive club when you discovered it.

8) The Turkey Day Marathons were a highlight of my Thanksgivings

9) It didn't matter which host you preferred...the shows were so good that Mike fans could dig episodes with Joel and vice versa.

10) "Let's Have A Patrick Swayze Christmas" has become a holiday staple in my house.

These are 10 reasons, but I know that I could come up with dozens more. Thanks MST3K for making my own Satellite of Love a happier place.

Hi-Keeba!!!

No comments: