Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yule Love It!

So, for whatever reason, I was feeling kind of down today. Nothing was especially bumming me out, but nonetheless I had the blues.

I had resigned myself to just riding it out...and then I had an inspiration.

I went to the You Tube and built a playlist around my favorite time of the year...Christmas.

You see, the few short weeks starting with Thanksgiving Eve (hey, every holiday should have an "eve") through December 26 mark the highlight of my year. I love everything about it. I'm generally in such a good mood that I can't even muster much aggravation at the two most recent grinches of the season...People who hate the holiday and feel that no one should celebrate it in any fashion and extreme conservatives who think that not being allowed to put a manger up in city hall constitutes a "war on Christmas". At any other time of year, extremists of this sort could look forward to a severe tongue lashing at how monumentally stupid they were being...but they get a "Peace On Earth, Goodwill to Men" pass.

So, my playlist...in case anyone was curious....here's what the You Tube provided to lift my mood...

  • Hardrock, Coco and Joe: A pre-Rankin/Bass stop motion extravaganza that occasionally shows up on WGN during the holiday season
  • Nat King Cole: The Christmas Song
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas: Linus's speech about the true meaning of Christmas
  • John Lennon: Happy Christmas, War Is Over
  • Weird Al Yankovic: Christmas At Ground Zero
  • I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas
  • MST3K: A Patrick Swayze Christmas
  • MST3K: Merry Christmas, If that's OK
  • Judy Garland: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  • Cartoon Voice Actors Read "Twas The Night Before Christmas"
  • Twisted Sister: O Come All Ye Faithful: What's a Christmas playlist without a traditional carol?
  • David Bowie/Bing Crosby: Little Drummer Boy
So, there you have it...I plan to add to it & keep my Christmas spirit to the last. God bless us, everyone!

No comments: