Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Justify My Love

I've spent far too much time over the course of my 40 years explaining, defending or sometimes outright apologizing for movies, music & TV shows that I enjoy. Well, not any more. The crappy things I love (and make no mistake, some of the stuff I love is pure unadulterated crap) are crap, but they're my crap, dagnabit! Confession is good for the soul, so here's a few things that I have adored and, in some cases, still do:

Bruce Willis' "The Return of Bruno"
I listened to the cassette so much, I wore it out. If it was available on CD, I'd wear that out as well

"Rhinestone" starring Sylvester Stallone & Dolly Parton
There's nothing funnier than Stallone trying to be a country singer...except Stallone making his debut singing "Drinkingstein." I had the soundtrack to this as well

Grease 2
I liked it better than Grease & watched it at least once a day the summer I taped it off of HBO

"Convoy" by CW McCall
The ultimate truck driving song. I even bought McCall's Greatest Hits CD.

Hudson Hawk
Bruce Willis strikes again! A complete mess of a movie that entertains me every time I see it.

"Patches" by Clarence Carter
Maybe not as well known as "Strokin", but this "dead father places burden of family farm on son" song is awesome on so many levels.

Necessary Roughness
I love this Scott Bakula/Kathy Ireland football epic like a fat kid loves cookies.

Hee Haw
Grew up watching it. Still love it. The Hee Haw Honeys were my first crush.

There are many, many more that I could list...and still might. Some would say that this is my "guilty pleasure" list. They would be incorrect. I don't feel guilty at all.

I love this crap!

No comments: