Saturday, February 28, 2009

Brave and the Bold"ly Going

If you're not watching "Batman: The Brave & the Bold" airing Fridays at 8pm on Cartoon Network, then you're missing a show that's 12 kinds of awesome.

From the Dick Sprang inspired art design to the team-ups you never thought you'd see on TV (Blue Beetle, Deadman & Kamandi to name just a few) to the solid voice work of Diedrich Bader as The Caped Crusader (Bader straddles the line between gruff, Kevin Conroy "Dark Knight" & Adam West 60's classic perfectly), B&tB has something for every comics/Batman fan.

This week's episode opened the door to the infinite earths of the DC Universe & had Bats impersonating Owlman to take down that earth's Injustice League. It's a 2-parter that wraps up next week and I can't wait.

So, if you want a weekly Batman fix with a Darknight Detective that isn't, you know, an obsessive jerk then "Batman: The Brave & The Bold" is for you. Check it out!

2 comments:

Nick Harkaway said...

You are a bad man. Now, instead of prepping for this lunch thingy I have and trying to write the article I have to write before I go back to writing my second novel (which is waaaay as hard as people tell you, by the way) I will be trying to find this show in the UK or download it from iTunes.

And then I will watch it.

And I will claim all this has somehow improved my grip on the creative animus. Or on my relationship with the fundamentals of story.

All of which will clearly be your fault rather than mine.

Because you are bad. I shall go now, and leave you to meditate on your badness and chose a new non-bad direction.

(But thanks for the tip, it sounds SO awesome.)

(...)

(Drat.)

Chris Ayers said...

Nick...good to know my evil plan to impact the productivity of my reader is working. Now for my evil laugh...mwahaha.

Needs work.