Saturday, January 17, 2009

Taking The Pledge

I'm not going to do it. I got out...I was clean. I'm not going to get sucked in again.
I will not watch the last season of "Battlestar Galactica."

It's brilliant television. A stellar cast, great writing, deep mythology and riveting three dimensional characters that you care deeply about.

It also can be one of the grimmest, darkest, most depressing hours of TV you'd ever want to see. You could use up a years worth of anti-depressants on one episode and never crack a smile.

Granted, a show that starts out with the annihilation of the human race isn't going to be a laugh a minute but absolutely no one on BG ever has a good day. Which is why I had to give it up last year. There were episodes of Galactica that made Oz look like The Muppet Show.

I'm going to stay strong...I'm not going to be lured back in. I'm done. I'm out. I don't need compelling drama or intense action or literate science fiction. I'm a rock. I'm strong. No, no, no!

Who am I kidding. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool, full-blown, five-alarm geek. A Buffy loving, Star Trekking, Comic reading, Web slinging, Tardis riding, Quantum Leaping nerd with absolutely no will power and I have no shame in admitting it.

I'm reporting for duty Admiral Adama...take me home!

2 comments:

Brian said...

Wasn't the returning episode brilliant. I was an emotional wreck after the show!

Chris Ayers said...

Completely blew me away. I'm totally hooked again.