Sunday, December 28, 2008

Odd Occurence

A couple of days after Christmas, I had a rather odd thing happen & I wanted to share it with all of you.

Seeking respite from family time, I snuck off to a local bar. The place was pretty deserted. In fact, except for a couple of people at tables there was no one anywhere near me except the bartender & he was talking to the waitress at the other end of the bar.

So you could imagine my surprise when I heard someone say to me as plain as day "Nice shirt.". I looked around, a bit confused, but didn't see anyone. A few minutes later I heard someone say "Nice haircut.". I looked around again...nobody was there. A minute or so later, I hear "Nice shoes."

By this time, I'm confused & a little annoyed. I call the bartender over & tell him what I've heard.

He tells me "Those are the peanuts. They're complimentary."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oy. You do make me smile, Chris Ayers, even with your puns! :-)